I think I just won the internets...

Am I the last horse crossing the finish line on this one?

Actually, don't answer. I'm pleased with my discovery. ^_^




Update: I've received suggestions for a couple other techniques for activating the snake game. The first can be found in the comments below. Note that this method can be tricky if you are working with a short video, or if your computer loads very quickly. I pulled up a 10 minute video, which was slower loading, and was successful with this longer vid.

Another suggestion, received via Reddit, was to pause, then hold down + left for a few seconds. This method does work, however, when the snake appears, it will be frozen in a downward, diagonal angle. You'll need to press left or up rapidly to unfreeze him and play the game.

Any of these three methods should allow you access to this YouTube easter egg!








....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually, you want to quickly pause the video and then use the right arrow key to go past the loaded part, and once you get the little circle that says its loading, hit any of the arrow keys. Then you are playing snake.

Amanda Kay said...

Thanks for clarifying, new friend. I got frustrated last night and raged on the keyboard for a second, discovering it that way. It didn't occur to me there was probably a better way than /facedesk /facedesk /facedesk. ^_~

Anonymous said...

So I was sitting here at work being *ahem* productive when I went to scope out your blog in hopes of an update. ALAS THERE WAS! LE GASP! GAME ON YOUTUBE?!

So naturally I had to try it too...I couldn't get it to work at first. So i sat there pondering quietly in my office and then essentially I just flailed my hand on the keyboard like I was having hand seizures but got it to work! Then of course my co-workers were confused and frightened BUT WHO CARES! UNIMPORTANT!

...thats when i saw the update on how to do it in like...3 seconds...fuuuuuu